Its been awhile since I posted on some of the gnarly cool stuff I have seen from other bloggers in this Real Estate 2.X space…so here are 5 topics that inspired me to write:
<--Gnarls Barkley (I was listening to the radio when I wrote this, and it inspired my title...)
Apparently Dan was having some writers block, so he decided to do something about it. Coming from a tech background before he ventured into his successful mortgage career, Dan turned to his roots and created an automated blogging platform that allows the user to create content or have it piped in from selected 3rd party sources. Very cool for the busy real estate blogger.
- FortiusOne has about the gnarliest looking map mash-up to date. I got a chance to see their product at Inman in NY, and while they are still in the information aggregation stages, their interface looks like something from N.O.R.A.D. Hella Cool.
- Speaking of map mash-ups, they are a core piece to most all of the new independent property listing aggregators out there. Zillow was the ‘first’ to really mash property information into a map interface with the coolness, now there are a handful of great real estate related sites who use the technology to help consumers disseminate through a wealth of information quickly without having to read 10 pages of text.
- Neigboroo, Trulia, Propsmart, Redfin and Obeo are some of the other early movers…Travis’ site and service should not be overlooked, he’s another techie who fell into the real estate market. We need more Travis’ and Dan Greens….
- Some New sites/people recently added to my blogroll (which means I read this stuff):
- Brian Brady…The Worlds Most Opinionated Mortgage Broker. Brian has escaleted to one of the top bloggers in the mortgage industry…I met him on Active Rain, our relationship had some turbulent times, but we persevered and now couldn’t be happier ;)
The Property Monger..Had the privilege of blog swapping with Jon. His sight (and pix) makes me laugh. I bet he’s a riot to hang out with at a bar during a Yankees Red Sox game. I see he’s been posting for the wave of ‘Localized Content‘ that has generated alot of buzz in the past few weeks.
CondoDomain…These guys service a niche within a niche and do it very well…
- Video Killed the Traditional Listing Star. WellcomeMat has made quite a bit of headway into the Video Listing Service provider, with much of the credit going to Phil who gravitated to the bloggers at Inman and recently started his own blog. WellcomeMatt is another example of a niche techie who found his way into the center of the real estate services space. They’ve got a top quality product with a short learning curve and is priced to be very affordable. Phil’s work is prominently displayed on Sellsiuis, see: The Allan Dalton vs Glenn Kellman features…